zeki's pre-school



Lately I've been having a lot of pressure on when I would have Zeki attend his pre-school class.

Zeki is two years old and is mostly enjoying his time as a toddler - running around, screaming, throwing stuff, building things and destroying it, spitting water and swimming on it.

My answer to them is he will - when he is ready. Just wait.

You see, he will have 12 years of school and 5 years to specialize, so why would I hurry so much?

the apoks learning from the trees.
I do not understand why there is such thing as pre-school. For me, pre-school is the real world around you just before you go into a more controlled environment of learning. That’s why it’s pre-school. And why would you go to school for pre-school? It should already be called in-school.

I do respect any parent’s decision on letting their child go to pre-school but they cannot just impose it on me. I keep hearing that he has to learn in school stuff like colors, or shapes or numbers. But these doesn’t necessarily have to be learnt in school. You can learn shapes and colors and numbers from the garden!

Every day we make sure that he is exposed and aware of his surroundings, touches things and experience them real time. We just let him explore by himself, and learn from it. 
Surprisingly, he does know now a lot of things that we did not expect from a two year old. 
He can count from 1-20, backwards 10-1, knows all the colors, shapes, know the Alphabet from A-Z with each examples and knows basic addition. How cool is that!

Now I know that human brains are really equipped to learn by itself and school only helps nurture it.
So I am not too worried that he does not go to school yet. No social skills? I thought so also, but when we bring him out to public places he now slowly tries to say “Hi” or wave at grumpy people, and even talk to them. It took him quite some time but eventually he learned it.

So parents, please do not be too stressed if your child is not in school or is learning slow. 
They will learn on their own in time with your encouragement. You just have to be patient. 
That’s the wonder of a tiny human being, once they get inspired they fire up and work on their own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

around the globe in two weeks

Rome, Italy